[Xastir] World shapefile map

Wilbert Knol w.knol at niwa.co.nz
Thu Nov 13 22:34:15 EST 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to get the world map to work (ex README.MAPS) :

***** A nice world map is available at
http://aprsworld.net/gisdata/world/

...but it won't show up in the map chooser. The README says that some
maps need to be re-projected. Just in case, I tried building the
re-projection tool in shapelib-1.2.10/contrib ,  ...but the build
failed, due to a missing proj_api.h as per below:

[root at wk contrib]# make
cc -g -I.. -DPROJ4 -D_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEBUG -DDEBUG2  -c shpgeo.c
In file included from shpgeo.c:64:
shpgeo.h:70:22: proj_api.h: No such file or directory
In file included from shpgeo.c:64:
shpgeo.h:108: parse error before "projPJ"

<SNIP>

shpgeo.c:908: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
make: *** [shpgeo.o] Error 1
[root at wk contrib]#

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ