[Xastir] "relay digipeat" option?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Nov 17 10:12:54 EST 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Andrew Rich (VK4TEC) wrote:

> twist the wires together ?

Not quite so easy!

A typical RS-232 driver can drive a couple of RS-232 receivers, so
you're normally ok going from TNC -> Computers(2).

It's the transmit side (Computers -> TNC) where you need to diode
matrix it, 'cuz you have two transmitters fighting each other
heading to the TNC.  You can diode-matrix things together, but you
can end up with two or more transmitters talking at once, and you
get gibberish to the TNC.

There are methods to hook more than one TNC up to a single computer
serial port as well.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin