[Xastir] WX Igateing

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Nov 21 14:13:38 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Jim Chandler wrote:

> You could do this if you wanted to render your RF network totally
> unusable.  Your radio would be sending out packets at 1200 baud almost
> constantly.
>
> Jim
>
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:14:24 -0600
> Daniel Turner <daniett at a.cs.okstate.edu> wrote:
>
> > I run an IGate for the Stillwater area in Oklahoma, I have been asked if
> >
> > it is possabe to gate all WX stations to RF.. all of them, not just
> > traffic destinded for my area. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!
> > -Daniel
> > KD5UZZ

I was thinking along the same lines (as Jim).  There are _way_ too
many stations to do that with.  Stick to just stations for your
local area.  If someone wants all of them, have them do an internet
connection.  If they want more objects yet, connect up to firenet.

If you have a separate RF network just for weather, particularly a
9600baud or faster network, then it might be feasible to put weather
objects on there.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin