[Xastir] label problem using Tiger maps

Gale D Wilkinson gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Fri Nov 21 15:27:26 EST 2003

I have a rather strange problem that I need some help with.  I just
installed a Debian variant (Knoppix HD Install) on my laptop.  Built the
latest version of Xastir, and pulled my Tiger map files from my other
Xastir system (Red Hat 9.2 system) into the laptop install.  Here is the
  problem:

All map setting, etc are the same on both machines.  But on the new
laptop if I enable the Enable Map Labels option (even with all label
options in the Tiger Map configure section turned off) I get various
street/road labels in a font that is about twice the size of the font in
the icon labels.

    Any ideas where I need to start looking?

     Gale