[Xastir] tnc's name

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 24 00:57:50 EST 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Massimo Corinaldesi wrote:

> - there is nor /etc/ax25 directory nor (anywere) axports file

Those will only be on your system if you're using AX.25 kernel
networking.  If you're using AGWPE or direct serial port interfaces
out of Xastir, you won't have them.

> - I think the solution You suggested will not work as I forgot to tell You
> that all my three tncs are linked to the same serial port via a mechanical
> switch.
>
> Think no way to solve my problem....

Well, there are other ways to connect the TNC's, where you can have
multiple TNC's on one port.  I can't remember the names right now
for that, but I think Multidrop KISS is one, and perhaps 6pack?  I
believe the Linux kernel has support for some of these methods
built-in.

If you're switching between them using a hardware port currently,
there won't be any way for the software to figure out which one
you're using.  Perhaps you were looking for different interface
names so that you could flip the switch and then flip the interface,
so that you had a record in Xastir of which interface you last
switched to?

I believe there's a feature request already where somebody wanted us
to add a text field for each interface so that they new what each
interface was for.  That might solve your problem if we implement
that feature some day.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer