[Xastir] change coordinates in xastir

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Nov 24 10:52:21 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Errico Prota wrote:

> Hi xastir fellows!
> I have a strange problem with a fresh installed mandrake 9.2 linux box.
> Xastir seems to compile well, the problem is when I change coordinates
> from 0 LAT and 0 LONG
> my icon disappears from screen!
>
> I have same behavior if change my location with mouse menu (move my
> station here....)
>
> At next boot, xastir resets the coordinates to 0 with an invalid
> latitude, longitude message.
>
> Before, instead with a mdk 9.1 and a upgraded mandrake 9.1 -> 9.2 box
> all works fine!
>
> Why this ? I missed some file or lib ?

What language are you using with Xastir?  What's your LANG
environment variable set to now ("env | grep LANG")?

I think Mandrake might have changed something on you, or you might
have changed your locale between Mandrake installs.

Try setting "export LANG=C" and then running Xastir from that Xterm
with the changed variable.  "LANG=en_US" should work also.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin