[Xastir] Tons of Tiger maps -- can we use them?

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Mon Nov 24 10:59:54 EST 2003

At 11:53 PM 11/23/2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>Perhaps a good solution would be to have a CVS site somewhere, where
>people could add maps that were missing.  If we had 25 volunteers who
>took two states each, we could have it filled with the entire U.S.
>fairly quickly.

I have the following layers for all of Colorado:
Line Features - Roads               tgr*lkA.shp
Line Features - Rails               tgr*lkB.shp
Line Features - Misc. Transport     tgr*lkC.shp
Line Features - Landmarks           tgr*lkD.shp
Line Features - Physical            tgr*lkE.shp
Line Features - Non-visible         tgr*lkF.shp
Line Features - Hydrography         tgr*lkH.shp
Key Geographic Locations            tgr*kgl.shp
Landmark Points                     tgr*lpt.shp
Landmark Polygons                   tgr*lpy.shp
Water Polygons                      tgr*wat.shp
County 2000                         tgr*cty00.shp

I have them grouped into directories by county.  Each group in a directory
labeled "co_<countyname>"
  280,879,818 bytes total uncompressed.

If anyone wants them I can archive them.

I'm slowly working on getting all layers for the whole state of
TX....there's a bunch of them.

73,
Kirk
AD5OU