[Xastir] Tons of Tiger maps -- can we use them?

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Tue Nov 25 10:21:31 EST 2003

Raw tiger/line files are also available at US Depository Libraries.
These are usually housed at University libraries.  They have to let the
public in to get to the data for free.  That's were I used to get my
copies of Tiger/line from.

There's a commercial tgr2shp available.  Someone motivated might want to
hack on my tig2aprs (http://www.cloud9.net/~alan/ham/aprs) which I wrote
to convert Tiger/Line to APRSdos format.  The code does a lot of work to
reduce the complexity of the data, which is not needed for shapefiles.
/a