[Xastir] Tons of Tiger maps -- can we use them?

Brian D Heaton brian.heaton at janusresearch.com
Mon Nov 24 12:37:26 EST 2003

Curt/All,

	The only problem with that is there is a limit (50MB??) on what you can
download in a single pass.  Its still a PITA to drop out counties within
a layer to get down to that limit.  I did a couple states like that, but
if I tried to do the whole US I'd go nuts.

	I've got the whole collection of raw TIGER files for the US and I'll be
happy to burn a copy and send them to anyone that would like to look at
writing a conversion utility.  They are available commercially, but at
$500 a shot its a bit more than I'm ready to pay to convert free data.

			THX/BDH