[Xastir] New to Xastir

R. Whitney kk6rw at kk6rw.us
Wed Nov 26 14:10:49 EST 2003

Hello all,

I'm trying Xastir once again as my prevoius attempt many months ago failed.
I am new to *nux environment, trying to set up Cygwin on a windows box to
install and run Xastir.
My initial problem is trying to get a HOME directory installed in the Cygwin
program. I am running Windoze XP SP1, Pent 4 with 512 MB . I have created a
new logon name, I am logging on to that new name but once I download and
install Cygwin, I have no HOME directory. I've tried three times
unsuccessfully to install.
I'm hoping a kind soul with experience with Cygwin would offer some
assistance and or possible solutions. I would also be grateful for any other
tips installing Cygwin and Xastir from the knowledge base here.

Thanks

Randy Whitney
KK6RW