[Xastir] New to Xastir

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 26 20:21:39 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, R. Whitney wrote:

> My initial problem is trying to get a HOME directory installed in the Cygwin
> program. I am running Windoze XP SP1, Pent 4 with 512 MB . I have created a
> new logon name, I am logging on to that new name but once I download and
> install Cygwin, I have no HOME directory. I've tried three times
> unsuccessfully to install.

What do you see when you start up a Cygwin BASH shell, either using
the Cygwin Shell icon or bringing up X11 and using the shell in
there?

What is on the command line?

If you type "echo $HOME", what does it tell you?

> I'm hoping a kind soul with experience with Cygwin would offer some
> assistance and or possible solutions. I would also be grateful for any other
> tips installing Cygwin and Xastir from the knowledge base here.

Everything I know about it got put into README.win32.  There are
people on here that run run Cygwin/Xastir.  Hopefully you'll get more
specifics from them.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer