[Xastir] Xastir Sound on Win XP Pro

CWO3 Michael A. Sterba cwo.usnr at verizon.net
Thu Oct 2 10:53:24 EDT 2003

Hello All,

    I'm new to this arena of play and been trying to get Xastir to play with
auplay. I haven't succeeded in this adventure and am turning more globally
for ideas (Thanks Curt!). Jerry (N7YGE) recommended the following...

In Xastir; auplay -i -v 99
And in the Bash; nasd -aa &

What I'm getting is "Can't connect to audio server"

I'm operating XP Pro with the full installation of Cygwin. The only extras
compiled into Xastir is Imagemagick and Shapelib. Since these are graphic
support programs, I don't believe they have any impact.

So, is there any suggestions or directions for me to play with?

Thanks for your time.....

Michael - KG7HQ