[Xastir] Troubles with snapshots

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Oct 2 16:32:18 EDT 2003

I don't think I mentioned it on the lists:  I figured out the
problem that ImageMagick "convert" is having when called from within
Xastir on snapshot.xpm.

If you look at the last line in the XPM file, it is supposed to be

    };

Nothing more.  If it is concatenated with the line before it,
ImageMagick doesn't like it.  Add the linefeed and then "convert
snapshot.xpm snapshot.png" works great.

I'm assuming that this is a bug in the XPM libraries, in the
XpmWriteFileFromPixmap() call.  I haven't tried it with a newer
system to see if the problem goes away.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin