[Xastir] Re: Xastir Digest, Vol 105, Issue 2

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Thu Oct 2 18:35:45 EDT 2003

Michael kg7hq wrote, in part:

>The .wav files are placed in the xastir/sounds
>directory so that shouldn't be an issue unless I need
>to tell xastir where they are??

I put the .wav files into two directories because
I saw contradictory information on the list (vs.
what's in the xastir .cnf file) about where to put
the files.  I put them in:

/usr/local/xastir/sounds/
and
/usr/local/share/xastir/sounds/

So try that.

Also, if you get the message "can't find audio
server," try this:

Remove (for the time being) the nasd from your .bat
file.

In a Cygwin window, before XWin has started up,
run:  nasd -b

Then cd to your sounds directory and run:
auplay foo.wav or whatever .wav file you want to
test.  It should play.  Then run Xwin and Xastir
and configure Xastir to run auplay.

I haven't upgraded (yet) to the new method of running
Xastir as a Windoze window without XWin showing
(new style .bat file).

If you can run sounds using the method i describe,
then the next problem is getting them to play using
the "new method" (new style .bat file).

Orrin wn1z