[Xastir] USGS DRG files no longer free..

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Sun Oct 5 22:56:58 EDT 2003

> This is very surprising as all Government software and maps are by law
> suppose
> to be free.

Ooh..well. You see they "are" they simply charge you for processing fees.
The actual map is free.  You know...$75 order fee, $1 copy fee, $15
shipping, filename.DRG free

I've gotten closer though on the actual file..

'listgeo b40.tif' shows:

Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left (1497206.413, 593091.362)
Lower Left (1497206.413, 545590.098)
Upper Right (1535233.786, 593091.362)
Lower Right (1516220.099, 545590.098)
Center      (1516220.099, 569340.730)

Anybody know how to convert the above numbers to an FGD format or maybe a
GEO format? If someone can figure this out I'll host the entire set of
available Kentucky DRG files for free download in Xastir format off my
website.

-Tyler