[Xastir] USGS DRG files no longer free..

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Oct 6 13:07:27 EDT 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Tyler Allison wrote:

> Ooh..well. You see they "are" they simply charge you for processing fees.
> The actual map is free.  You know...$75 order fee, $1 copy fee, $15
> shipping, filename.DRG free

They used to be something like $36 per one degree area (1 or 2 CD's)
direct from the USGS.  Several of us where doing some trading with a
DRG sharing group down in OR a few years back, before the DRG's were
available for free on the 'net.  Once you provided some _new_ CD's
to the sharing group, you could get copies out of their library for
nominal costs.  It was a good deal.

Speaking of libraries, your local library may have CD's that can be
copied.  Around here the UW library has them.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin