[Xastir] USGS DRG files no longer free..

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Mon Oct 6 14:12:27 EDT 2003

> Note:  Some Shapefiles use the stateplane coordinate system instead
> of lat/long.  In that case you have to convert to lat/long first.
> See the Xastir docs for the process.

yeah. All their files are using stateplane coordinate system. I held of
trying to figure out the shapefile issues while trying to get the geoTIFF
files to load.

There's not much in the way of debug output when I try loading the tif
with the debug level set to 16. It says something like: map load start, it
spews a line of coordinates that match the output of listgeo, then map
load stop. No graphic is displayed.

I'll write up a little "what I did" so you can see my process, maybe Im
skipping some steps or something.

-Tyler