[Xastir] USGS DRG files no longer free..

James Cour K1ZC at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 16:00:43 EDT 2003

Tyler,

As I recall, those files download five files (TIF, FGD, FGW, MET, and TXT).
I have deleted the MET and TXT files, with no ill effects.  I think maybe
you need the other three.  Do your other data sets have the FGW file?

Also, if you look at the options for those data sets they offer four
different projections.  I wonder if what you have been using are the wrong
type up until now.  Anyway, I am glad it worked for you and I am glad to
live in Illinois where they are still free!

Jim