[Xastir] snapshot.geo

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Mon Oct 6 22:31:42 EDT 2003

I don't know if it's the snapshots that make the
stations go away.  What i see is the following:

1.  Run Xastir, with no RF nor internet interfaces up.

2.  I load a map, any map i have on my HD.  My own
    station appears.

3.  Less than 5 minutes later, my own station disappears.

4.  I start up the RF interface.  The status bar, lower
    left corner, shows new stations coming in, but no
    stations are posted to the map.

5.  If i then do Map -> Map Chooser -> Clear -> OK,
    and close the map chooser, my map disappears like
    it should, and all the stations with their icons
    appear on the blank white background.

6.  I then re-load a map.  The stations all remain on
    map.  A few minutes later, all stations disappear.
    It just happened at 7:28 pm, and then i checked the
    timestamp for snapshot.xpm and snapshot.geo, and it
    was 7:28 pm.  So maybe it is connected to taking the
    snapshot.

orrin wn1z