[Xastir] FGD files and Re: bounding boxes

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Tue Oct 7 16:34:39 EDT 2003

> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Tyler Allison wrote:
>
>> I think there's something more nefarious going on than getting the right
>> lon/lat put together.  Im just not as familiar with geotiff as I need to
>> be to figure it out.
>
> Don't have time to look back through the messages just now...  Were
> you getting UTM numbers out of the geotiff file itself as well?

Actually that's the only thing in the geotiff file ;)

listgeo b40.tif
----------------
Geotiff_Information:
   Version: 1
   Key_Revision: 1.0
   Tagged_Information:
      ModelTiepointTag (2,3):
         0                0                0
         5205005.7        4299352.26       0
      ModelPixelScaleTag (1,3):
         6.6667           6.6667           0
      End_Of_Tags.
   Keyed_Information:
      End_Of_Keys.
   End_Of_Geotiff.

Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left    (5205005.699,4299352.261)
Lower Left    (5205005.699,4253418.698)
Upper Right   (5241025.879,4299352.261)
Lower Right   (5241025.879,4253418.698)
Center        (5223015.789,4276385.479)

> If so, that's a problem also.  You could use the tools and replace
> those tags with the lat/long equivalents...

Doh!

-Tyler