[Xastir] FGD files and Re: bounding boxes

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 7 16:39:10 EDT 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Tyler Allison wrote:
>
> > I think there's something more nefarious going on than getting the right
> > lon/lat put together.  Im just not as familiar with geotiff as I need to
> > be to figure it out.
>
> Don't have time to look back through the messages just now...  Were
> you getting UTM numbers out of the geotiff file itself as well?
>
> If so, that's a problem also.  You could use the tools and replace
> those tags with the lat/long equivalents...

Look at the output of "listgeo" with your geoTIFF's and with an
example geoTIFF from my site:

    http://wetnet.net/~we7u/xastir/libgeotiff/

If the types of numbers you get out of each look similar, you might
have a chance.  If not, you'll have to massage the geoTIFF to look
more like a USGS geoTIFF by stripping off the geotiff tags and
adding new ones.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin