[Xastir] still having compile problems

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Oct 8 12:23:21 EDT 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Chris Hare wrote:

> I thought the versions might be out of date.  I found versions of lessTiff
> installed on the RH 9 system which were older than the version I downloaded.
> I removed those rpm installs and then recompiled and re-installed lessTiff.
> I am still getting the error messages after doing another re-compile of
> xastir.  The error message is
>
> src/xastir: Symbol `_XmStrings' has different size in shared object,
> consider re
> -linking
> Found out-of-range or non-existent value (327680) for SCREEN_ZOOM in config
> file
> , changing to 327680
> Warning: Cannot convert string "#000000" to type Boolean
> Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
>
> I'll give openmotif a try in the meantime.

You might want to take a run through your library directories to see
if another version might be hanging around.  It still sounds like
you have a version mismatch between your header files and the shared
library.

Did you ever install a lesstif RPM from another source?  Did you
install lesstif from sources at any point, so it wouldn't appear in
the RPM database?

Look in /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, /usr/X11R6/lib directories
for additional files.  You can query RPM to see if it knows about
any particular file and what RPM package it came from.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin