[Xastir] CVS Server Status

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Oct 10 15:43:32 EDT 2003

These might shed a bit of light on the CVS problems.  From the
SourceForge Status page:

(2003-10-10 09:22:56)   Roughly 40% of project CVS repositories are
now online using our new CVS infrastructure; we expect this
transition to be completed during the week of 2003-10-13. Additional
details, including details of the benefits of the new
infrastructure, will be posted to Site Status pending completion of
this migration.

(2003-10-10 09:21:44)   On 2003-10-10, an issue was corrected
related to connection caps on our one remaining portion of the old
CVS infrastructure; this issue impacted ability to access roughly
60% of SourceForge.net projects via pserver over the past four days.
At this time, pserver-based repository access is now back online and
functioning properly; connection caps are working properly (these
are temporary and will go away when the remaining portion of the new
CVS infrastructure goes online).

(2003-10-09 12:00:48)   The load restrictions are still present on
the anonymous pserver based CVS services. In addition to the older
error messages indicating the situation, the following error message
also indicates the same condition of the server hitting max load and
shedding your connection. If you see this error message, please try
your operation again at a later time:

cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from
cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect
(Connection refused)

(2003-10-02 15:30:59)   Developer :ext: based CVS services are
currently down for unplanned maintenance.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin