[Xastir] bootstrap errors

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Oct 11 11:56:06 EDT 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, John Place wrote:

> ./bootstrap.sh
> Running aclocal
> Running autoheader
> /usr/bin/m4: configure.in: No such file or directory
> Running autoconf
> autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory
> Running automake
> Makefile.am:2: option `dist-bzip2' not recognized
> scripts/Makefile.am:3: invalid variable `pkglib_SCRIPTS'
> scripts/Makefile.am:3: invalid variable `pkglib_SCRIPTS'

It looks to me like your version of autoconf/automake are too old,or
you have versions of the two that don't play well together.

You need automake 1.6 and autoconf 2.53 or newer, and they pretty
much have to be a good match with each other.  I would normally
upgrade them as a pair.  Finding which versions are supposed to play
well together is something I haven't tried to do directly.  I would
hope that the automake and/or autoconf sites would have that
information.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer