[Xastir] Good news/bad news: Snapshots

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Oct 13 14:04:41 EDT 2003

Good news:  I think I found the problem with the snapshots causing
stations to disappear.

Bad news:  It's the new snapshot .geo code that is causing the
problem (near as I can tell).

Due to the fact that you create a new snapshot each time you
_enable_ the snapshot togglebutton, I managed to duplicate the
problem (it helps to detach the File menu so that one can click
freely).

By commenting out the .geo code, the problem goes away.  I tweaked
that part of the code so that no X11 calls are made, but the problem
still occurs if the code is in place.

I've temporarily commented out that portion of the code until this
problem is solved fully.  That means you won't get a .geo file to go
with each snapshot.

I also moved all X11 code out of the snapshot thread, just to make
sure we weren't having problems with X11 or LessTif/Motif not
handling multiple threads (another known problem in some cases).

The anonymous CVS server seems to be getting further and further
behind the development server (actually it appears to be frozen at
Oct 2nd!), so it might be a while before this fix is available.  I
can put out another development snapshot if need be.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin