[Xastir] USB Serial Port and Cygwin

Thomas A. Dye III, CCP tomdye at gulfatl.com
Tue Oct 14 10:26:57 EDT 2003

Thanks Jim,

I'm trying to connect a Kenwood D7 via a Targus USB Mobile port replicator
and the Kenwood supplied 9 pin serial cable.  The port replicator device
connects to the laptop via USB and has a parallel port, serial port and PS/2
mouse and keyboard connectors.  The laptop is a new IBM ThinkPad (no serial
or PS/2 ports).

Thanks to you, at least I know that Cygwin works with USB serial ports.  I
found very little info regarding the use of USB serial ports and Cygwin
anywhere on the net.

73

Tom
AB4EZ