[Xastir] Distance/Bearing Status, Screen Movement

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 14 12:45:06 EDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> Not too sure this is new or not, just noticed with UTM, but occurs on normal
> coordinates as well.
>
> When toggling the Dist/Bearing box, the screen on my computer (using kde)
> goes from full screen to some partial screen.  It is similar to toggling the
> screen size button on the top right corner.  If I use the size button and
> make the screen full size, so essentially there is no difference between the
> two toggles on kde, then toggle the Dist/Bearing box, the changes size, then
> have to use the kde size button to get the xastir screen back to normal.
> Confused?  Maybe me....  Haven't tried any other gui's.

Xastir has to extend to the right in order to give you the extra
space on the status line for this new display.  Probably if you have
Xastir already at full-screen, that causes the window manager to
have to resize it smaller in order to show it all.

I don't usually run Xastir at full-screen as I want to get to my
pager module (so I can switch between my fifteen virtual screens).

I don't run KDE or Gnome because I actually like to use my CPU
cycles for useful purposes.  hi hi

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin