[Xastir] RH9 compile problems

Byron Smith wa6ylb at theworks.com
Sun Oct 19 17:11:48 EDT 2003

I've had this same problem. Once you do an UP2DATE, you can't add packages.
I dont know why.

You go to add something, and it says its already installed.

You do an rpm -qa packagename and it says its not there. I know about the
exact uppercase/lowercase
spelling when doing the -qa command.

I've tried the rpm --rebuilddb and still no joy.

Its something new to me - I'm beginning to think it has to do with
something up2date did to the rpm stuff. I haven't discovered how to kill
(wipeout) the
rpm data base and try to get RPM to rebuild it.

When I did a rpm -qs *, it showed me all the packages I manually
"installed" since up2date - and
not a one of them shows up when I do the -qa command. These were ones
needed on the Linux rh9 laptop to attempt
to get Xastir running on it.

I had this same problem with on my first go around with rh9 - the
only thing I finally did to resolve it was reload the whole box, with
"everything" installed.
And then I *never* let it do the up2date. I've briefly searched RH's site
to see if there is anything like this, but I haven't found it yet.