[Xastir] RH9 compile problems

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 21 14:46:32 EDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Orrin Winton wrote:

> I went to /var/lib/rpm, removed __db.001, __db.002,
> and __db.003, ran 'rpm --rebuilddb' which took
> several minutes.  It ended with:
>
> error: db4 error(16) from dbenv->remove:
> Device or resource busy
>
> Then i tried the compile routine again for 1.2.1
> and still got:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llcms

As I recall that's needed by ImageMagick.  We don't specifically
require it for Xastir.  What does this command tell you:

    Magick-config --libs

Mine gives this:

-L/usr/lib -lMagick -llcms -ltiff -lfreetype -ljasper -ljpeg -lpng
-ldpstk -ldps -lXext -lXt -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lbz2 -lz -lpthread -lm

That means ImageMagick is the one requiring liblcms.

> I'm about at the point of wiping the hard disk
> and re-installing RH9.  How do i wipe the HD?
> I was told (by the person who build the box and
> loaded RH9 onto it) that he booted off the CD drive
> to load RH9.

If you boot off of CD or off floppy then go to the install CD's,
it'll take you right through wiping it all.

> Also, is the source for 1.2.0 still available?
> If none of this works, i want to download 1.2.0
> again and just use that.

Yes.  On SourceForge.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin