[Xastir] Xastir forgetting DNS???

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Oct 21 23:27:20 EDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Wes Johnston wrote:

> I'm wondering if
> xastir fails to re-lookup the address after the DNS entry expires?

Nope.  It looks up the DNS entry once, then has an IP address.  It
makes a socket connection to that IP address and socket, and then if
the network stays up, so does the socket.

It's possible that the other end is dropping you, and Xastir has to
figure that out, disconnect, and reconnect, which takes a bit of
time.

Try doing "netstat -tcp" in an Xterm window on the RedHat box and see
what the TCP sockets think they're doing when you have that problem.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer