[Xastir] Xastir forgetting DNS???

Wes Johnston wes at johnston.net
Wed Oct 22 16:27:40 EDT 2003

Afternoon update......

I see an established connection to 192.168.2.219 on port 8000 (that's AGWPE
here locally on my home network)

I see 12 entries with "TIME_WAIT" from localhost.localdo:594xx to
localhost.localdoma:IPP

Everything shows RxQ and Send-Q as 0.

 From a terminal window I was able to telnet aprs.kd4rdb.com on port
23.  While telnetting in w/ terminal window, xastir still says it "HARD
FAIL" when I try to open the port.....

For snorts and grins, I just added a new interface to second.aprs.net on
port 23, and when I tried to open it, I got the same HARD FAIL dialog....

I know I could fix this by simply shutting down xastir, but I hope to find
the problem in the long run.

Wes