[Xastir] Xastir forgetting DNS???

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Oct 22 16:34:37 EDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Wes Johnston wrote:

> I see an established connection to 192.168.2.219 on port 8000 (that's AGWPE
> here locally on my home network)
>
> I see 12 entries with "TIME_WAIT" from localhost.localdo:594xx to
> localhost.localdoma:IPP

Been doing some printing?  /etc/services lists that as port 631,
Internet Printing Protocol.

> Everything shows RxQ and Send-Q as 0.
>
>  From a terminal window I was able to telnet aprs.kd4rdb.com on port
> 23.  While telnetting in w/ terminal window, xastir still says it "HARD
> FAIL" when I try to open the port.....
>
> For snorts and grins, I just added a new interface to second.aprs.net on
> port 23, and when I tried to open it, I got the same HARD FAIL dialog....

What happens if you put in the IP address of second.aprs.net instead
of the domain name?  Same thing?

> I know I could fix this by simply shutting down xastir, but I hope to find
> the problem in the long run.

Shutting down Xastir's interfaces and then restarting that one
doesn't fix it I assume?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin