[Xastir] Xastir forgetting DNS???

Wes Johnston wes at johnston.net
Wed Oct 22 16:51:05 EDT 2003

At 04:34 PM 10/22/2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>Been doing some printing?  /etc/services lists that as port 631,
>Internet Printing Protocol.

Yes, was hoping to print some screen shots the other night of tiger maps
projection error... was hoping to print to a PDF but never did....

>What happens if you put in the IP address of second.aprs.net instead
>of the domain name?  Same thing?

I still get hard fail.... second.aprs.net is a rotating DNS lookup.... at
the time I pinged it in terminal window, it showed 134.173.254.38

>Shutting down Xastir's interfaces and then restarting that one
>doesn't fix it I assume?

Nope, it doesn't... but shutting down xastir and restarting the whole thing
does.

Cluelessly yours,
Wes