[Xastir] Xastir forgetting DNS???

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Oct 22 16:56:13 EDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Wes Johnston wrote:

> >What happens if you put in the IP address of second.aprs.net instead
> >of the domain name?  Same thing?
>
> I still get hard fail.... second.aprs.net is a rotating DNS lookup.... at
> the time I pinged it in terminal window, it showed 134.173.254.38

Ah!  The light comes on.  What happens if you keep doing telnet's
again and again, either closing each one in turn and retrying, or
doing it from multiple windows?

I'll bet you get some error messages at times because some of the
servers in the rotating DNS are not responding, or are responding
quickly back to you with a rejection.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin