[Xastir] Can't run under Cygwin now

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Mon Oct 27 00:13:52 EST 2003

At 10:29 PM 10/26/2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
>On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:
>
> > It seems OpenMotif is not available for Cygwin.  I had recently updated
> > cygwin and it installed a newer version of lesstif.  I also tried going
> > back to the older version of lesstif but am still getting the same
> error as
> > above.
>
>Try looking through the closed bugs on SourceForge.  This bug was
>logged quite a while back.  See what the solution was, if any.
>Warning:  The bug might have gone away with different combinations of
>Xwindows/Lesstif/Xastir, so don't get your hopes up too much.

The only instance I found of this bug was related with MacOS X.  Bug #
515545  The bug was closed over a year ago and seemed to have the fix put
into the code many moons ago.

It seems odd that this error would show up now.  I've been running Xastir
for quite some time now with few problems.  The last version I was using
was from about a day or so after the snapshot.geo code was first
implemented. (before the bugfix for the map clearing problem)  It would
seem something in the past couple of weeks that has changed is what is
causing my problems now.