[Xastir] Can't run under Cygwin now

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 27 10:06:28 EST 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Kirk Mefford wrote:

> The only instance I found of this bug was related with MacOS X.  Bug #
> 515545  The bug was closed over a year ago and seemed to have the fix put
> into the code many moons ago.
>
> It seems odd that this error would show up now.  I've been running Xastir
> for quite some time now with few problems.  The last version I was using
> was from about a day or so after the snapshot.geo code was first
> implemented. (before the bugfix for the map clearing problem)  It would
> seem something in the past couple of weeks that has changed is what is
> causing my problems now.

Another thing to try, starting Xastir with _no_ config file:

Close Xastir

cd ~/.xastir/config
mv xastir.cnf xastir.cnf.backup

Restart Xastir with a no config file and see if it comes up ok.
It'll recreate default parameters.  If so, you can try copying your
setup parameters across between the two files (when Xastir's not
running), or use Xastir itself to set things up again.

If you use the second option, either forcibly cause a configuration
save or shut down/restart Xastir to rewrite your config data.  This
will make sure the config info gets written out to the file.

On very rare occasions, Xastir's config file can get corrupted.
Try the above to see if that's what's happened.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer