[Xastir] readme.win32 file

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Sep 3 12:26:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 wa6ylb at theworks.com wrote:

> I thought that CVS may create this file. But CVS actually told me
> that it couldnt find the .cvspass file. Thats what tipped me off
> that I needed to create this file.a

I suspect you got to the _second_ CVS command before you saw that.
I've never had to create the .cvspass file by hand, on
Solaris/Linux/Windows.

If you can get the first command to complete, then the second CVS
command won't complain in that manner.

The problem turns out to be at the server end:  The anonymous CVS
server at SourceForge is overloaded.  Until they get new hardware in
there it'll continue to be a problem.

> I revisited the setup.exe file for CYGwin and told it to reload
> Perl.
> Nothing changed (still getting the Perl caused a fault...) . I'll
> look into reloading everything.

I don't have a running Cygwin system right now (the system got
re-imaged recently), and don't have time to set one up.  Perhaps
someone else on here has seen that problem.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin