[Xastir] readme.win32 file

wa6ylb at theworks.com wa6ylb at theworks.com
Wed Sep 3 10:13:55 EDT 2003

> > Well, after running into problems installing XFree86 stuff on my RH9.0 box
> > (rpm issues), I grabbed a laptop and
> > proceeded to do the CYGwin/Xastir install on it. Dang it, I want to try
> > Xastir ;-)
>
> I must say, having to resort to Windows to run a Unix app is
> certainly not what we intended...  :-(

I really wanted to get it going on my RH9.0 box too. Its just that I didnt load all the possible CD files on initial install. After UP2DATE updated some of the files, the RH program to add other packages doesnt find the older files version numbers and then complains that the dependant files dont exist (in their original older version numbers)... Its really a RH bug - I suppose I need to complain to RH about it. Perhaps its an RPM issue - I've tried to manually load the rpms with simular results. Its only when I ran into these unresolved difficulties that I turned to the laptop.

Of course, the Win98se/cygwin laptop is not compiling xastir also...