[Xastir] readme.win32 file

wa6ylb at theworks.com wa6ylb at theworks.com
Wed Sep 3 15:29:21 EDT 2003

> I suspect you got to the _second_ CVS command before you saw that.
> I've never had to create the .cvspass file by hand, on
> Solaris/Linux/Windows.
>
> If you can get the first command to complete, then the second CVS
> command won't complain in that manner.

It was on the very first CVS command. Once I made the file (.cvspass), then the first CVS command would work.

> The problem turns out to be at the server end:  The anonymous CVS
> server at SourceForge is overloaded.  Until they get new hardware in
> there it'll continue to be a problem.

No doubt. It took perhaps 20 attempts before it completed its job.

> > I revisited the setup.exe file for CYGwin and told it to reload
> > Perl.
> > Nothing changed (still getting the Perl caused a fault...) . I'll
> > look into reloading everything.
>
> I don't have a running Cygwin system right now (the system got
> re-imaged recently), and don't have time to set one up.  Perhaps
> someone else on here has seen that problem.

One fellow that responded said that he had all the CD-ROM RPM packages installed on his RH9.0 system due to loading them all from the get go. I may just reload the whole box and do the same thing, in order to get the RH9.0 to get by the RPM issue. I still want
to email RH (for whatever good that will do) and mention to them the trouble I'm having (at least bring it to their attention). Xastir - someday soon I hope ...
:-(