[Xastir] readme.win32 file

Byron Smith wa6ylb at theworks.com
Mon Sep 8 22:47:50 EDT 2003

Well, I did a total reload of the RH9.0 system, and since I had lots of
GB's to play with, I loaded
"everything" [abt 4.7 gb out of 32 gb drive - not bad]. I then did the
commands as per the Win32 install (setting up the CVS stuff) and it
downloaded everything it needed. (smiles every where here!)

BTW, you might want to consider putting the "setting up the CVS" stuff like
you have in the WIN32 file into the regular
linux/unix install instructions. I see the "touch .cvspass" line was added
- but perhaps you need to change
the "do the 5 lines" to read "6 lines :-)"

I then did the shell  (.sh) and configure stuff, and I'm running
Xastir  Yea! :-)

No issues either  - it just came up and ran...

-o-
 From what I can surmise, there was an issue  (in my RH9.0 box) with the
RPM program / up2date .
I would try to delete an RPM ( -e) and it would say it wasn't there.
Then I tried the (-qa) and it didn't show up either.
  Then I'd try to force the(or just -i) install the same RPM and it would
say it already was installed. grrr! (head pounding on table top)

Very strange. In any account, I haven't let the rh 9.0 system update any
stuff [since the reload] (with redhat's UP2DATE), so its still working. ;-)

Maybe someday I'll look into the Perl problem on the Win98SE/CYGwin  setup
in the laptop.

Byron Smith
wa6ylb at theworks.com

http://www.theworks.com/~wa6ylb

What was the best thing before sliced bread?