[Xastir] Xastir directory structure

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Wed Sep 17 00:42:27 EDT 2003

(This didn't show up right away on the list so i'm
re-posting the bare essence [which i should have done
in the 1st place]):

My Cygwin install of Xastir has, in part, the
following directories:

~/src/xastir
~/src/imagemagick
~/src/shapelib

The readme.win32 says to do it that way.  The Linux
readme and readme.cvs don't say to do it that way
unless i missed something so i have in my Linux box:

~/xastir

But if i want to add shapelib and imagemagick, i'd
have:

~/xastir
~/imagemagick
~/shapelib

each coming off my home directory.  Is that right?
When i compile (from ~/xastir instead of from
~/src/xastir), the imagemagick & shapelib stuff will
be found?

Also, i have what is supposed to be a bad habit of
running all the time as root.  Is that a problem in
compiling and running Xastir?  Hasn't been a problem
so far.

Orrin wn1z