[Xastir] Xastir problem need some help...

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Sep 19 12:22:11 EDT 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Larry wrote:

> I now seem to be having a problem with xastir, when I start it up,
> festival works, calling out calls, then the world maps map is being drawn, it shows loading tigermap, then terraserver.geo,then it switches back and forth between the two...
>
> My screen shows the map my call centered, then after a min, or so, the
> screen goes completely gray...
>
> Has anyone had this type of problem, and may no of a fix...???

You can really only select one of tigermap/terraserver/toposerver at
a time.  The reason is that they are raster images, and will overlay
each other.  You'll only end up seeing the last one loaded, so why
load the previous ones?

It sounds like what you're getting into is timeouts on some of the
downloads.  Try deselecting all including tigermap, then just select
one raster image.  You can load vector images on top of the raster
images though just fine, you just have to select the proper map
layering so that the raster image gets loaded first.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin