[Xastir] Win32 Install Errata?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Sep 20 13:19:30 EDT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, James Cour wrote:

> The "Readme" for Win32 has an error I think.  It says that ImageMagick version 5.5.3 or 5.5.7 will work with Xastir, but I do not think that is the case.  I went to the link provided in the Readme:    http://www.imagemagick.org/
>
> and download 5.5.7.  However, this did not install properly because the Xastir compile routine looks for a specifc file named "magick-config" that is missing from 5.5.7 although there are files named "magick-config.1" and "magick-config.in" included in that release.  Even changing the config.h header file to force the #define did not help.
>
> So, I think it is necessary to have the version of 5.5.3 that I downloaded from Curt's site installed.  That compiles just fine.

I suspect that if you install ImageMagick 5.5.7 from sources you'll
end up with the magick-config script.  THe magick-config.in file looks
suspiciously like an autoconf input file, and magick-config.1 is
most likely the man-page for it.  During the process of installing
ImageMagick the script should get created and installed.  At that
point Xastir should be able to find it, assuming it's in your path
somewhere.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer