[Xastir] compile/install 1.2.1 for Linux

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Sep 21 19:39:25 EDT 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Byron Smith wrote:

> running a K6-2-500 Processor on this RH9 box. For the life of me, I have
> never figured out which ix86 file do I want.. I've see i386, i586 and i686
> kinds of RPMS. Hows
> a guy suppose to know which one fits a K6-2-500 AMD processor? Must be part of
> a secret ritual to know these things ;-)

If you stick to the lowest common denominator, you'll usually come
out on top.  Go for the i386 ones when there's a question.  They'll
run on everything from a 386SX on up.

The i586 and i686 ones are optimized for newer processors, and may or
may not run properly on 386/486 class processors, or processors that
are non-Intel.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer