[Xastir] maps

Chris Hare, KD5WIM kd5wim at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 08:18:13 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 23:38, Brenda Wallace wrote:
> that's what i thought that feature did, but it doesn't seem to work for
> images.
> i have lots of aerial photos available to xastir.
> when i zoom out to national level, i can see xastir loading each aerial
> map photo one by one, which isn't much use once I'm that far out...
> what have i missed?

I have to agree.  I am in Texas and I have all the Texas maps loaded
(only Texas).  Even when I pan through my own county, every map is
processed.  Even with Levels enabled.  Oh yes, I must be doing something
wrong because

a) I can't get lakes to be filled in polygons even with the map set to
Draw Filled
b) With map levels enabled I love the display of the map
c) When I turn on map area color fills, my street level maps disappear
d) setting the level numbers in the map choose doesn't seem to make any
difference -- lakes still appears on TOP of roads

Another nice feature would be multuiple map windows.  For example, I
would like to have one map window with my local county, another with the
continual USA and open as may as I wanmt for certain parts of the world.