[Xastir] vplay

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Sep 23 12:49:07 EDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Orrin Winton wrote:

> 'play' works great with RH9.  I've set it to play
> moo.wav (the cow sound) for a new station, and
> ring.wav for a new message.  I'll get some better
> sounds later.

Festival works nicely for that too:

    "New Station, WE7U-7".
    "WE7U-7 is a distance of 3.4 miles".

I might want to put a direction from my course in there, so that
it'd say "at three o-clock" after the distance.  Good for mobile use
anyway if a friend of mine is nearby but off the map, and I want to
go play APRS hide-and-seek.

> Anyone playing sounds with Cygwin?  I don't
> seem to have vplay, play, or auplay, so no PLAY yet
> there.

Yea.  Two people have successfully done sounds with Cygwin.  It's
written up in the README.win32 file.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin