[Xastir] maps

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Sep 23 19:38:07 EDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:

> I noticed the last time I played with this that the lakes had a
> different dataset than the hydrolodgy dataset.  You needed 2 sets of
> shapefiles to see both streams and shaded lakes.  At least when using
> the ERSI data.

Yea.  *wat.shp are the lakes (polygons).  *lk.shp are the
rivers/streams.

> > b) With map levels enabled I love the display of the map
> > c) When I turn on map area color fills, my street level maps disappear
>
> The old way of doing this (and I think still works) is by creating
> numbered directories.  These are just examples, you can do this many
> different ways.

That was before map levels were implemented in Map
Chooser->Properties.  It makes more sense now to organize however
the user wants, and then set the levels for each map in the
Properties dialog.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin