[Xastir] maps

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Sep 23 23:37:14 EDT 2003

Multiple map windows is (I think) on the list for Xastir 2.  For now, if
you want a bunch of map windows, X-APRS does that... in fact, I've had
it give me so many that it managed a kernel panic... Caveat User.

I've seen a similar problem with water poly's but I've also seen it in
ArcView and MapInfo, so I'm not sure if it's our software or my data...

As for losing streets with area fills on, I suspect you have some
polygonal areas that are being presented on top of streets that are
getting filled.  Layering differently may change that, or you may be up
the preverbial tributary without a manual rowing implement.

I have noted that layering isn't always a science, but it usually worked
for me.  Stated another way, I can't get it to consistently cause
problems I can document.

73, gerry