[Xastir] vplay - win32

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Thu Sep 25 01:45:59 EDT 2003

James Cour wrote:

>The last three lines of my
>start-up batch file read as follows:
>
>start xwin -multiwindow
>run nasd
>run /usr/local/bin/xastir xastir
>
>Together with a few "SET" commands and the "Clean-up"
>routine from the stock startxwin.bat file, that is
>all you need!

I'm behind on the startup file.  I'm still using the
old method of starting a bash shell, typing ./go
(which is a link to /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.fvwm2.bat)

Where is this 'start xwin -multiwindow' thing
documented?  I went thru README.win32 and didn't find
that.  Perhaps i should look again?

(I just tried to implement what I DID just read in
README.win32:  create a shortcut on the Windows XP
Desktop, a shortcut to c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\
startxwin.bat, and that gave strange results, and
when i made the shortcut to ...\startxwin.fvwm2.bat
and ran xastir, it failed to load tigermaps with that
"delegate"-something error.  Xastir also failed to
find the nasd server.  So i'm back to the old ./go
from a Cygwin bash prompt, it works for me.  But tell
me more.)

Orrin wn1z