[Xastir] vplay - win32

James Cour K1ZC at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 08:12:15 EDT 2003

> Where is this 'start xwin -multiwindow' thing
> documented?  I went thru README.win32 and didn't find
> that.  Perhaps i should look again?

I have no idea where this is documented, I just made a copy of the standard
startxwin.bat and edited from there.  Honestly, part of that was trial and
error, but it works.

> (I just tried to implement what I DID just read in
> README.win32:  create a shortcut on the Windows XP
> Desktop, a shortcut to c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\
> startxwin.bat, and that gave strange results, and
> when i made the shortcut to ...\startxwin.fvwm2.bat
> and ran xastir, it failed to load tigermaps with that
> "delegate"-something error.  Xastir also failed to
> find the nasd server.  So i'm back to the old ./go
> from a Cygwin bash prompt, it works for me.  But tell
> me more.)

I think the "delegate" error comes about because ImageMagick can't find its
files.  You fix that by inserting an environment variable in your start-up
file.  I will send you a copy of my batch file as an attachment in a
separate message.  It was a challenge, but everything advertised to work in
Xastir under Cygwin does, in fact, seem to work.

73,
Jim